Take advantage of our new sign-on bonus! Center For Family Services is a place where you can be part of a dynamic, top workplace team dedicated to improving lives. When you apply and get hired, you are eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus.
Location: Cumberland, NJ
Work Status: Full TimePosition Summary:
Center For Family Services is looking for a responsible and organized individual to fill the Bilingual Child Counselor position within the Services Empowering Rights of Victims (SERV) program. SERV provides crisis intervention, counseling, and support to survivors of sexual violence, domestic violence, and human trafficking. The program provides personalized care to help people follow a path to healing. The Bilingual Counselor is responsible for providing clinical services to children and families using the Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TE-CBT) model. The Counselor reports directly to the Clinical Psychologist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual and group counseling to children, adolescent, and adult victims of sexual violence as well as their non-offending family members and significant other
- Create individualized treatment plans with clients
- Collaborate with other SERV staff, including Advocates and Case Managers to ensure comprehensive services are provided to clients
- Provide clients with up-to-date case-related medical and legal information and appropriate referrals
- Provide in-services and consultations to professionals
- Attend outreach events and provide education to community members
- Maintain client files and documentation according to agency, state, and federal
- Maintain monthly, quarterly, and annual statistics and complete narrative reports
- Administer and collect program evaluations,
- Attend community, county and state meetings
- Assist with office procedures pertinent to the operation of the program
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish is required
- Current driver's license with a good driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
- The Counselor must successfully complete the 60 hour New Jersey State Confidential Sexual Violence Advocate (CSVA) and Domestic Violence Response Team (DVRT) training as well as additional training in human trafficking provided by Services Empowering Rights of Victims.
- The Counselor must have prior training or experience with empirically support treatments for trauma, such as Prolonged Exposure (PE) Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), and/or Trauma Focused - Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish and public speaking is required.
- Prior experience providing advocacy and/or case management is preferred.
- This position requires a Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work or a related field. (A New Jersey State license in psychology, counseling, or social work is preferred).
About Employment at Center For Family Services:
Apply and get hired at Center For Family Services, a leader in the non-profit sector and named as a top workplace in the region since 2010. As part of our team, you will be recognized as our most valuable resource. Our staff balance best practices with personalized care. Together our team makes a positive difference in the lives of people in need. If you're interested in a rewarding career, Center For Family Services is a great place to grow as a professional. For more information about our top workplace, please visit Center For Family Services website at www.centerffs.org.
Disclaimer: All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.