Center For Family Services is looking for a experienced and organized individual to fill the Case Manager Mentor Partner position in the Reach for Success program. The Case Manager Mentor Partner will provide case management and coaching to mentees and families, provide education to mentees, mentors, and families, support mentors, and intervene when a higher level of care is required.
Location: Camden, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to goals, methods and interventions as written within the Grant
- Provide intensive case management to mentees and their families
- Maintain bi-weekly contact with all unmatched youth
- Conduct intakes on all qualified and referred youth applicants either in-home or office. Meet with parents/guardians to explain the program and gain family history. Inform referring agency of status of each applicant
- Identify and recruit participants; assist in the match of mentors with mentees; monitor progress of mentoring relationships.
- Develop a working knowledge of community resources and agencies, their function, and responsibility to most effectively aid and provide support to the mentees and their families
- Works with mentors and mentees on effective referrals and linkages to resources for the mentee and the family
- Assist with group education services with the goal of building family connections, developing and building family relationships
- Support mentors in being an advocate on behalf of the mentee
- Facilitates implementation of the client/participant tracking systems that include reentry assessments, mentee and mentor development plans, service referral and networking, charting and record keeping, data collection, quality assurance and monitoring, assessment update and follow up, and case conferences
- Support the implementation of activities of the Reach for Success Program to ensure that goals and objectives of the program are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Develop and maintain relationships with referral agencies and collaborative partners and attend service network meetings and trainings
- Meets weekly with supervisor to ensure coordination of services, to report progress of mentees and mentors
- Pursues training on relevant topics, maintains liaisons with other reentry programs in order to keep abreast of relevant information
- Develops/promotes relationships with other social service agencies and represents the program and agency in the community
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree or related field
- Experience working with youth at-risk for being involved in the juvenile justice system
- Strong written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to connect with people of varying backgrounds, appreciate and embrace diversity, and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently combined with the ability to be a team player
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred but not required
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and some weekends
- Current driver's license with a good driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, indicating desired position and salary requirements, along with resume.