Center For Family Services is seeking a professional individual for a Peer Specialist position in the STAR program The chosen candidate would require a minimum of 2 years-experience in the guiding principles of recovery that assist individuals to improve their health, wellness, and live a self-directed life. The Peer Specialists shall be responsible for providing community based recovery support services and linkages to county based programming. STAR Peer Specialist engages and provides non-clinical assistance and recovery support for individuals with Opioid Use Disorder.
Location: Camden, NJ and Gloucester, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Displays professional demeanor in all interactions with children, adults, and families served, as well as colleagues, and/or community members.
- Provides outstanding customer service in all Agency interactions.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, advanced knowledge of English and any other required languages (i.e. meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar)
- Educating consumers, with Evidence Based Practices (EBP's), on how to appropriately navigate treatment, social services and recovery support systems
- Serving as a positive role model to consumers by sharing experiential knowledge, hope, and skills
- Maintaining relationships and follow up with consumers for up to one year
- Reinforcing, guiding, and ensuring recovery is possible and is built on multiple strengths and coping abilities of each individual
- Assisting survivors with gaining skills and accessing resources needed to initiate and maintain recovery
- Advocating for appropriate and effective community treatment and recovery
- Working as a team with Case Manager to appropriately link to treatment of the consumer's choosing
- Referring and linking the client's families to the Reconnections Program
- High School Diploma or GED required (Associate's Degree Preferred)
- At least 2 years of experience in the guiding principles of recovery
- Basic computer skills and experience using email as a tool of communication
- Current driver's license and good driving record of 3 years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.
All interested applicants should email a cover letter, indicating desired position and salary requirements, along with resume.