Center For Family Services is seeking an experienced bilingual medical professional for the Nurse position at the Juntos Program. The Nurse ensures the health and safety of all youth. They prepare and implements a comprehensive health plan to ensure that each resident's health needs are being met adequately and properly. The Nurse coordinates heath care for youth, dispenses medication, supervises and trains staff to dispense medication, ensuring documentation regarding medication, and meets healthcare requirements.
Location: Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures health and safety of all residents including physical examination, treatment or referral of all emergent health concerns of residents in accordance with policies and procedures and standards of health care for nurses
- Prepares and implements a comprehensive health plan to ensure that each residents medical, dental, and other health needs are being met adequately and promptly
- Serves on the treatment team with therapists, counselors, and other designated staff
- Provides life skills education in the areas of nutrition, hygiene, sexually transmitted diseases, infection control, and other health related topics
- Coordinates appointments with medical and psychiatric consultants, ensures all over the counter and prescription supplies and medication are on hand and correctly administered
- Must be Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in NJ
- 1-2 years experience working within child welfare with children and/or adolescents in a social services setting
- Bilingual fluency in both English and Spanish
- Current driver's license with a good driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.