Location: Passaic County, NJ
Job Type/Status: Full Time
Center For Family Services is seeking a Crisis Intervention Specialist who is energetic, creative, flexible person for our Mobile Response Program. The Crisis Intervention Specialist provides crisis management and de-escalation services to youth and families in Passaic County.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a caseload as per program requirements.
- Collaboratively develop individual and family service plans and goals which are behaviorally specific with the family.
- Provide 24/7 emergency crisis response phone/in person to agency clients on a rotation basis.
- Respond to crisis call within 1 hour and Provide crisis intervention
- Provide case management services by coordinating services to meet the needs of the family.
- Attend school meetings and court hearings as needed.
- Assist team leads in training as needed both in field and in the office
- Develop a transition plan with families to assist with termination and ensure linkage to ongoing support.
- Attend and participate in individual and team supervision as well as any required meetings as determined by the program coordinator.
- Coordinate and/or participate in collateral meetings.
- Maintain timely and relevant communication with all involved parties weekly.
- Document all contact within 24 hours.
- Maintain ethical and legal compliance.
- Complete all required training through FIS and CSOC
- Maintain yearly CAT certification
- Currently working with a hybrid model (office, home, community)
Job Requirements (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., social work, counseling, psychology, psychiatric nursing, criminal justice, special education)
- A minimum of one year of experience working with children and families.
- Must be energetic, creative, and able to work as part of a community resource team, and be culturally competent and responsive.
- Must have a car, valid driver's license and pass a criminal background check
- Current driver's license with a driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
About Employment at Center For Family Services:
Apply and get hired at Center For Family Services, a leader in the non-profit sector and named as a top workplace in the region since 2010. As part of our team, you will be recognized as our most valuable resource. Our staff balance best practices with personalized care. Together our team makes a positive difference in the lives of people in need. If you're interested in a rewarding career, Center For Family Services is a great place to grow as a professional. For more information about our top workplace, please visit Center For Family Services website at www.centerffs.org.
Disclaimer: All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.