Take advantage of our new sign-on bonus! Center For Family Services is a place where you can be part of a dynamic, top workplace team dedicated to improving lives. When you apply and get hired, you are eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus.Position Summary:
for Family Services is seeking an experienced and dedicated Employment
Specialist for our workforce development program. The Pathways to Recovery ReWork
Program is designed to help dislocated workers who have a friend, family
member, or personal history of opioid use. It provides program participants
with career readiness skills training through individual counseling session; as
well as provide career placement assistance in order to prepare participants
for today's job market. The Employment Coach will deliver career readiness
skills training through individual counseling sessions and group facilitation
workshops; as well as provide career placement assistance in order to prepare
participants for today's job market. The Employment Coach will help
participants identify possible career paths and develop and improve their
professional soft skills, as well as connect participants to job openings and
career opportunities by developing relationships with local employers. This
position works closely with internal and external partners and employers.
Camden, New Jersey
- Interview and assess participant's overall social support /
employability needs and make referrals
- Interview perspective participant, complete an intake paragraph
to assist in the eligibility determination of WIOA Dislocated Worker
- Identify specific skills required for employment and assist
participants in obtaining these skills, as well as assist individuals with job
application and interview preparation processes
- Provide individual counseling to identify participants personal
goals, develop leadership skills and develop individualized employment plan
- Conduct follow-up monitoring visits to assist with job
- Use motivational interviewing techniques as appropriate to help
guide participants to goal achievement.
- Provide individualized case management, to include monitoring
and recording information in data system
- Complete all essential documentation required for successful
administrative purposes and record case materials promptly and properly
- Develop community partnerships with local agencies to provide
additional services/resources for our participants
- Assist eligible participants with completing required
applications/FASFAs for grants and scholarships opportunities
- Develop and produce a professional resume for each participant
- Maintain weekly contact with participants to track their
progress to interview readiness
- Facilitate individual or group sessions and workshops to build
employment readiness skills, to include resume development, teamwork, conflict
- Coordinate occasional job fairs
- Work closely with internal CFS staff and partners to provide
seamless services to participants
- Will provide reasonable and necessary supportive services in
accordance with client IEP.
- Provide follow-up services to participants
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Vocational Counseling or
Social Work, or related field, commensurate experience in relevant field may be
acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Certificate programs in Career or Life Coaching a
- 1 - 2 years of experience working with re-entry population and
second-chance employers preferred
- 3 - 5 years of experience in workforce development with job
placement experience strongly preferred.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish a plus.
- Experience in developing new employer relationships to work with
- Current driver's license & a good driving record of 3 years.
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration.
About Employment at Center For Family Services:
Apply and get hired at Center For Family Services, a leader in the non-profit sector and named as a top workplace in the region since 2010. As part of our team, you will be recognized as our most valuable resource. Our staff balance best practices with personalized care. Together our team makes a positive difference in the lives of people in need. If you're interested in a rewarding career, Center For Family Services is a great place to grow as a professional. For more information about our top workplace, please visit Center For Family Services website at www.centerffs.org.
Disclaimer: All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.