Take advantage of our new sign-on bonus! Center For Family Services is a place where you can be part of a dynamic, top workplace team dedicated to improving lives. When you apply and get hired, you are eligible for a $250 sign-on bonus.
Location: Somerset County, NJ
Job Type/Status: Part Time, Overnight Shifts 12am - 8am
Center For Family Services is seeking a Part Time Bilingual Residential Counselor for our Juntos Program located in Bridgewater, Somerset County, NJ. Juntos provides important services to unaccompanied minor children who immigrated into the United States. Services include; temporary shelter and support with family unification and home study and post release services. Family Reunification is the Juntos programs primary goal. The Part Time Residential Counselor will be responsible for assisting youth with their daily life skills, education, and chores in the program and providing a direct level of support and supervision. This is an overnight position, shift is 12am - 8am, may work other shifts as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to;
- Ensures that program structure is consistent with stated goals and objectives and that a Nurtured Heart, trauma-informed program is followed.
- Reports to and serves on the treatment team with Therapists and other designated staff.
- Provides life skills education.
- Coordinates recreation and physical education activities scheduled during their shift.
- Ensures that daily living needs of youth are met through delegation of responsibilities to residential counseling staff.
- Coordinates appointments with medical consultants, ensures all over-the-counter and prescription supplies and medication is on hand and correctly administered.
- Coordinates other appointments (i.e. court appearances) with Therapists and Periodic Transport staff.
- Works closely with teachers and other residential staff in carrying out and following through on education and jobs related goals.
- Engages in caring supervision and structure for youth in residence which is consistent with stated goals and objectives, Day, Evening and Weekends.
- Instructs, guides, and counsels youth informally throughout their interactions in day to day activities.
- Provides life skills education and goal-setting groups
- Co-leads recreation and physical education activities scheduled during shift.
- Provides one-to-one assistance and engages youth.
- Provides transportation to and from appointments.
- Substitutes in the event of Resident counselor absence.
- Provides direct level of supervision to youth in the program and on activity outage.
- Ensures that youth complete their goals as set forth in their treatment plans.
- Ensures that physical site of the program is clean and orderly as set forth in the policy and procedures.
- Assists youth in their daily life skills, education, and chores in the program.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with a minimum of 1 year experience in the child welfare field, working with children and/or adolescents in a social service setting
- 1 - 3 years experience working with the program population or relevant direct service delivery in a residential setting,
- Federal and State regulations require employees in this position to be fully vaccinated. According to the CDC, fully vaccinated means to have received the initial vaccination and at least one booster shot. As you apply for this position, you will be required to be fully vaccinated. Please ask if you have any questions.
- Current New Jersey driver's license with a driving record of at least three years
- Must pass an initial and ongoing Motor Vehicle record Check evaluations
- Must Pass all background clearance requirements as determined by funders and/or licensing agency
About Employment at Center For Family Services Apply and get hired at Center For Family Services, a leader in the non-profit sector and named as a top workplace in the region since 2010. As part of our team, you will be recognized as our most valuable resource. Our staff balance best practices with personalized care. Together our team makes a positive difference in the lives of people in need. If you're interested in a rewarding career, Center For Family Services is a great place to grow as a professional. For more information about our top workplace, please visit Center For Family Services website at www.centerffs.org.
Disclaimer All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages.