Take advantage of our new sign-on bonus! Center For Family Services is a place where you can be part of a dynamic, top workplace team dedicated to improving lives. When you apply and get hired, you are eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus.
Location: Voorhees, NJ
Job Type/Status: Full Time
Center For Family Services is seeking a full time Teacher for our Juntos Program located in Voorhees, NJ. The Teacher is responsible for instructing students in core subjects, college-career readiness, as extra-curricular subjects (i.e. Art, Music, Computers, Health/Gym) as well as acclimation to the American culture and basic life skills curriculum. The Teacher will create well-rounded lesson plans, comprehensive instructional programs, he/she must demonstrate proficiency in classroom management, and will instruct students on subjects such as science, literature, and math, and TESOL standards required for a comprehensive ESL program for English Language Learners (ELL) for children in grades K-12. Bilingual/Multilingual preferred but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to;
- Ensures all necessary worksheets are copied for class instruction
- Assists Lead Teacher in developing plans and implementing learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including improving the readiness of children for English-focused school by developing their literary, phonemic, and print awareness; their understanding and use of language, their understanding and use of increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their appreciation of books, their understanding of early math and early science, their problem-solving abilities and their approaches to learning.
- Establishes and maintains a safe, health-learning environment.
- Supports the social and emotional development of children.
- Supports Lead Teacher with all classroom activities and fieldtrips.
- Attends at least 15 hours annually of professional development that is classroom focused.
- Directs any student's special needs to the appropriate specialist in a timely manner.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Assist students in completing instructional assignments.
- Performs clerical and non-instructional assignments as assigned.
- Works in small groups with students to provide specialized assistance.
- Prepares bulletin boards to enforce daily assignments.
- Supports Lead Teacher in preparing classroom activities and organizes fieldtrips.
- Keeps classroom clean and organized.
- Supports Lead Teacher in providing educational services and assessments, including curriculum building meeting Flores standards for education requirements.
- Supports Lead Teacher in creating an educational assessment for each UAC youth.
- Supports Lead Teacher in creating a classroom environment to include and focus on acculturation skills for the children.
- Supports Lead Teacher in developing onsite classroom and ESL classes for each youth ensuring 6 hours of daily education for each youth to assist UAC with assimilation into US culture.
- Coordinators services with the local schools when indicated
- Supports Lead Teacher in completing and implementing weekly lesson plans
- Evaluates children's performance on a weekly basis and provide feedback to foster parents and staff
- Ensures the client growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification
- Demonstrates gains in client performance
- Prepares reports for the youth to take with them whey they leave for their homeschools
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University, Master's preferred in one of the related fields: Education, Teaching English as a Second Language, Teaching English to Speaker's of Other Languages, Bilingual Education
- Required - Certificate of Eligibility - CE/License for corresponding age/grade levels, K-12 in lieu of Teaching Degree, Preferred- Certification by the relevant governing authority or other appropriate accrediting body in Teaching English as a Second Language/Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- 3 or more years of working with children in a classroom
- Must complete all medical testing required by funders and/or licensing
About the Juntos Program
Juntos provides important services to unaccompanied minor children who immigrated into the United States. Services include; temporary shelter and support with family unification and home study and post release services. Family Reunification is the Junto's program primary goal. The Bilingual Assistant Program Director will assists the Senior Program Director in the provision of shelter services in accordance with the requirements Department of Community Affairs, Department of Children and Families and Office of refugee Services in operating a licensed shelter.
About Employment at Center For Family Services Apply and get hired at Center For Family Services, a leader in the non-profit sector and named as a top workplace in the region since 2010. As part of our team, you will be recognized as our most valuable resource. Our staff balance best practices with personalized care. Together our team makes a positive difference in the lives of people in need. If you're interested in a rewarding career, Center For Family Services is a great place to grow as a professional. For more information about our top workplace, please visit Center For Family Services website at www.centerffs.org.
Disclaimer Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages.