- Take advantage of our new sign-on bonus! Center For Family Services is a
place where you can be part of a dynamic, top workplace team dedicated to
improving lives. When you apply and get hired for this position, you are
eligible for a $1500-$3000 sign-on bonus: $3000 for LCSW, LCADC, RN,
LMFT; $1500 for LPC, LPN, LSW.
Job Type/Status: Full Time
Social Workers or Counselors are needed to provide education, support
and counseling to the silent victims of the opioid crisis, children and
teens affected by substance abuse challenges in their homes. Children
caught in the path of this crisis could face a lifetime of
social, emotional, physical, and mental challenges if left unaddressed. This
is where you can make a difference. Grief, Traumatic Loss and HOPE.
- Are you a New Jersey Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW, LSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC, LAC) or licensed in related field with the passion to provide HOPE to youth and families impacted by family substance use?
- Do you want to be part of a TEAM made up of Professionally Licensed Counselors from multiple disciplines that are creative and innovative in their approaches to guide youth and their families through a process of healing and recovery?
- Do you have an interest in being part of a nation-wide initiative that is building and expanding services for children who are impacted by America's Substance Use Crisis?
- Are you looking for a position that is dynamic and engaging both in the office and in the Essex County Community?
- Do you enjoy getting out into the community and providing short-term in-home support for children in the aftermath of an overdose in the family?
- Do you want to be part of a growing organization made up of a dynamic team of professionals dedicated to improving lives?
- Are you looking for a Full-Time Position with benefits including paid vacation, sick, and personal time?
- If you answered yes to these questions, this may be the counseling position for you.
Center For Family Services is seeking a caring, compassionate, and skilled Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW or LSW) or Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC or LAC) To be part of the Stepping Stones to Resiliency Program that provides a continuum of trauma informed counseling, support, and education services to youth between 3 and 18 years of age and their affected parent/guardian who have been impacted by parental or familial substance abuse challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in staff training that includes TF-CBT and other models
- Provide individual and group counseling sessions to children and teens and their surviving parent/guardian
- Provide in-home short-term traumatic grief outreach sessions
- Facilitate resiliency groups at schools, treatment centers, and recovery programs
- Facilitate grief and traumatic loss workshops to professionals and the community
- Facilitate services through a telehealth platform as needed
- Participate in individual supervision and team meetings
About Employment at
Center For Family Services: Apply and get hired at Center For Family
Services, a leader in the non-profit sector and named as a top workplace in the
region since 2010. As part of our team, you will be recognized as our most
valuable resource. Our staff balance best practices with personalized care.
Together our team makes a positive difference in the lives of people in need.
If you're interested in a rewarding career, Center For Family Services is a
great place to grow as a professional. For more information about our top
workplace, please visit Center For Family Services website at www.centerffs.org.
- MSW, or MA in a related human services field
- Licensed (MFT, LCSW, LPC) preferred or license eligible.
- Bi-Lingual Spanish Speaking Preferred
- Experience working in grief and traumatic loss
- Knowledge in trauma informed care and adverse childhood experiences
- 2 years' experience working with children and teens
- Experience providing individual and group counseling
- Clearly communicate ideas in both written and verbal form
- Ability to connect with people of varying backgrounds, appreciate and embrace diversity, and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently combined with the ability to be a team player
- Willing to work in the office, in-home outreach, school settings, and virtually.
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings
- Valid driver's license in the state of his/her residence, insurance, and clean driving record
positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks.
Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances.
Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering
competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information,
please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.