Established in 1920, the Center For Family Services (CFS) has been committed to uplifting individuals and families through an innovative continuum of care. Its efforts are focused on serving more than 10,000 families annually through early childhood, supportive housing, homeless prevention, workforce development, and several crisis hotlines. In 2017, CFS was awarded a 5-year implementation grant from the Department of Education to implement the Camden Promise Neighborhood Initiative, a neighborhood based effort to improve education and create family economic stability for Camden families through a cradle-to college-to career continuum of services. This initiative seeks to improve academic achievement and family economic success in the lowest performing schools and neighborhoods in Camden. The four neighborhoods targeted are: Cooper Lanning, Bergen Square, Centerville, and Liberty Park.
Center For Family Services is seeking part-time Early Learning Network (ELN) Ally Corps Members for the Camden Promise Neighborhood Early Learning Network. The Early Learning Network Ally serves as an outreach expert and liaison between families and community services to connect families with children 0-5 to early learning Promise Neighborhood programs. ELN Allies support cross program recruitment, case management efforts and seamless transitions from one PN program to another. The Early Learning Network Neighborhood Ally will be cross-trained in the early learning continuum of solutions and conduct door-to-door outreach to build relationships with pregnant moms and families with children ages 0-5. The allies will be trusted members of the community and will maintain strong relationships with residents in the target neighborhoods.
Location: Camden, NJ
Education and Qualifications:
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of all Promise Neighborhood pipeline programs to best connect families to available services
- Establish trust and effective relationships with families in the target community
- Have a cross program knowledge and capacity to enroll families in the array of early learning resources including Nurse Family Partnership, Healthy Families, Babies Best Start, Early Head Start, Head Start and others
- Conduct door to door outreach, attend and host community events, recruit and enroll families in desired programs
- Conduct follow up visits with families and support seamless transitions between solutions
- Assist with annual family surveys
- Assist with community based Safe Corridors network
- Maintain relationships with family child care and center based early childhood providers to support inclusion in the Early Learning Network
- Attend community meetings, visibility events, and conferences
- Attends community meetings, contacting community programs, and making presentations to encourage families with children ages 0-5 to utilize available services
- Present the program to community groups organizations and represents Center For Family Services in selected activities related to its goals
- Assists in the coordination of program events
- Works collaboratively with Promise Neighborhood staff members and partners to achieve collective goals
- Familiarity with Camden City required; Camden City residency strongly preferred
- Experience in community outreach and engagement
- Commitment to continued learning through training and professional development
- High school diploma required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Bilingual English and Spanish strongly preferred
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Center For Family Services and the Camden Promise Neighborhood;Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills required
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide/receive constructive feedback
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making skills;
- Must pass CFS criminal background checks and drug screening and physical examination
- High comfort level with multi-tasking and managing multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Current driver's license with a good driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.
All interested applicants should attach a cover letter, indicating the desired position and salary requirements, along with resume.