Center for Family Services is seeking an experienced, dedicated and skilled individual for the Outpatient Counselor III and Counselor IV position to work in one of our 3 locations in Williamstown or Voorhees for the Great Abilities Program. Great Abilities improves the quality of life and well-being for youth and their families with specialized services for children and adolescents with behavioral health and/or intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our continuum of care includes Outpatient Counseling, Intensive In-Home (IIH), Individual Support Services (ISS), Intensive In-Community (IIC), Psychiatric Evaluations/Medication Monitoring, Psychological Evaluations, Bio-psychological Assessments, and Trauma Informed Care. The goal of the Great Abilities program is to help youth build better relationships while remaining at home with their families.
Location: Various Locations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend all required orientation and trainings; including but not limited to: Nurtured Heart Approach and Trauma Informed Care
- Maintain ongoing communication and provide timely updates as needed to Intake Coordinator and /or Program Director- responses required within 48 hours of emails
- Provide competent, direct clinical services children, adolescents and families through a variety of modalities such as individual, group, and family therapy
- Complete required documentation within established time frames per Federal, State, County, and agency regulations, policy and procedure and Adhere to HIPAA regulations in all related member matters
- Provide comprehensive clinical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment appropriate to psychiatric recommendations and members presenting concerns regardless of race, gender, culture, or ethnicity
- Attend monthly/weekly supervision meetings with Outpatient Coordinator and /or Program Director
- In collaboration with the client/ family develops a service plan that includes long-term goals, short-term objectives, and interventions. Treatment plans are reviewed and updated with client every 90 days and documented in Awards.
- Provide clinical services using modalities of individual, group, family counseling and psycho-education interventions that support the Nurtured Heart Approach and Trauma Informed Care
- Participates in regular clinical supervision in accordance with the guidelines of his/her professional organization; maintain professional license; obtain advanced license, participate in staff professional development trainings and workshops as mandated/required
- Adhere to scheduled hours and provide a minimum of three weeks' notice when requesting a schedule change
- Adheres to Licensing, COA and Medicaid policies and procedures of program
- For Counselor III - Master's Degree in a related human services field and MFT, LSW or LAC licensed eligible
- For Counselor IV- Master's Degree in Related Field and Advanced License as LCSW, LPC, LMFT or Licensed Psychologist required
- Knowledge, training, and application of evidence-based treatment
- Knowledge and application in the area of family systems and Trauma Informed Care
- Knowledge of cultural diversity and the impact on the member's treatment experience
- Able to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural behavioral health setting
- Minimum two years direct clinical experience, providing psychotherapy within a behavioral health setting
- Proficient in use of computer, familiar with use of an electronic health system
- Ability to complete documentation independently, accurately, and adhere to time frames
- Willingness to utilize clinical supervision to promote independent decision making and enhance system collaboration within a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge, skill, and ability; ICD-10, systems of care, risk factors, evidence-based assessment tools
- Current driver's license with a good driving record of 3 years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, indicating the desired position and salary requirements, along with resume.