Center For Family Service is seeking a dynamic and responsible individual to lead our Promise Corp Program. The Program Manager, under the direction of the Early Learning Network Manager will be responsible for recruitment and placement of AmeriCorps volunteers to serve in preschool classrooms. This position will work closely with the Head Start Education Team to support children in meeting school readiness goals. The candidate should have excellent writing and communication skills, strong attention to detail, the ability to present to small and large groups, and the ability to work in a collaborative work environment.
Location: Camden, New Jersey
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Promise Corps NJ program.
- Responsible to ensure the Promise Corps NJ program meets all requirements and regulations of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) and New Jersey State Commission on National and Community Service.
- Attends community meetings, holding regular open orientations, contacting community programs, and making presentations to encourage qualified individuals to serve their country through the AmeriCorps program.
- Screens, interviews, and keeps detailed files on all prospective and accepted AmeriCorps applicants and members.
- Guides prospective AmeriCorps members through the application process.
- Maintains member files and maintains an active presence on My Service Log and e-Grants to monitor submitted applications and member service hours.
- Provides support to members to maintain CNCS AmeriCorps Retention Goals.
- Assures appropriate documentation and tracking of AmeriCorps Promise Corps NJ member's time, professional development, and overall program outcomes and performance pursuant to the requirements of CNCS.
- Develops and facilitates Promise Corps NJ member orientation and on-going opportunities for training and dialogue among members.
- Coordinates for the appropriate supervision and deployment of Promise Corps NJ members with Head Start Site Supervisors and other program staff, including training and supporting Head Start Site Supervisors.
- Presents the program to community groups organizations and represents Center for Family Services in selected activities related to its goals.
- Assists in the coordination of program events.
- Works collaboratively with Head Start Management Team to utilize Promise Corps NJ members to achieve program goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Service, Education or related field required;
- Master's degree in Social Service, Education or related field preferred
- Prior experience as an AmeriCorps member is a plus
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Center For Family Services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Corporation for National and Community Service preferred
- High comfort level with multi-tasking and managing multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet pre-established production goals
- Strong personal responsibility; takes ownership for quality work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to provide/receive constructive feedback
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge a Plus.
- Excellent driving skills and current driver's license with a driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org