Center for Family Services is seeking a part time Substance Use Counselor for the SERV program. The Substance Use Counselor is responsible for providing individual and group counseling services to victims and survivors of human trafficking, conducting assessments, assisting with case management, and coordinates treatment with SERV HT staff. Provides encouragement, outreach, personal assistance in the completion of daily living skills, linkage to community supports, and advocacy to individuals in the SERV HT program. The Substance Use Counselor reports directly to the Clinical Supervisor. There is two part time positions available.
Location: Gloucester County, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual substance use disorder treatment/counseling to victims of human trafficking on and off-site
- Provide weekly group counseling sessions for victims of human trafficking at partnering sites
- Work with program participants in developing a peer-lead support group for human trafficking
- Provide victims with trafficking and trauma information
- Collaborate with systems partners, HT Advocates, and project staff to ensure coordination of care
- Provide appropriate referrals for victims
- Provide community consultation and education
- Coordinate early entry into treatment and case manages SERV HT clients.
- Act as a liaison with local treatment providers, and completes filing of all necessary reports.
- Able to identify problems, collect data and draw conclusions as well as interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Provide clients with transportation, communication, access to assessment appointments, and case management
- Deliver services in a culturally competent and linguistic manner
- The Substance Use Counselor must complete the 20 hours of Human Trafficking training, and SERV's 60 hour Domestic and Sexual Violence Confidential Advocacy Training.
- The Substance Use Counselor must have experience working with victims and survivors of violence and shall demonstrate evidence of
working with substance use disorder population and/or evidence of addiction coursework.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and public speaking is required.
- This position requires a Certification in Peer Recovery Specialist, Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) or a Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work or a related field.
- New Jersey State license for professional counseling is required.
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages.