Center For Family Services is seeking an experienced and organized Assistant Head Start Director for out Head Start program in Blackwood New Jersey. The Assistant Site Supervisor will ensures all mandates and standards are met by assisting in overall program operations to ensure the program is in compliance with Head Start Performance Standards. Assist with the fiscal and programmatic aspects of the program. This position directly supervises others. This may include participation in the recruitment/selection process for new hires, employee training, conducting performance coaching/evaluation, and delegation of duties and conflict resolution. Provides supervision, leadership, guidance and monitoring for the Education Manager, Child Development Specialist, Home-Based Coordinator and Health/Nutrition Specialist. Promotes an environment of teamwork and cooperation and is accessible to employees.
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in staff meetings, attend conferences, training/workshops, and meet education standards as required.
- Demonstrate familiarity with Burlington Head Start Policies and Procedures, Head Start Performance Standards, and the program mission of all programs.
- Maintain harmonious and respectful relations with staff, children, families, and community.
- Keep current and accurate records.
- Maintain confidentiality in regards to staff and family information.
- Maintain professional standards and professional courtesy policies.
- Actively participate in professional development opportunities and ongoing self-improvement.
- Fulfill role as mandated reporter as stated in Child Abuse and Neglect Policy.
- Be present at work to provide consistency of services.
- Be an effective team member in a positive and productive manner.
- Flexibility to accommodate changes in job responsibilities due to changing program demands as requested by your supervisor.
- Demonstrate commitment to CFS mission, values, and policies in the performance of daily job duties.
- Commit and contribute to ongoing program quality improvement through your role as it relates to the following program-wide systems: Program Governance, Planning, ERSEA, Communication, Record-Keeping and Reporting, Ongoing Monitoring, Self Assessment, Human Resources and Fiscal Management.
- Embrace advancing technology to improve job performance and productivity.
- Commit to reflective supervision as a cornerstone of program and staff development.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Social Work, Human Services, Public Administration, Human Resources, or one of the social sciences is required.
- Demonstrated experience, skills, and abilities in high-level management and supervision relevant to Head Start, education and human services
- Proven experience and expertise in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with administrators, staff, parents and the community
- Proven experience creating policies and procedures
- Maintain First Aid and CPR certifications
- Must pass all background checks
- Current driver's license with a good driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, indicating the desired position and salary requirements, along with a resume.