***Sign on Bonus Eligibility Requirements*** All new hires will receive a $500 Sign on Bonus! The new hire sign on bonus will be paid in two installments. The signing bonus is taxable, and all regular payroll taxes will be withheld.
Center For Family
Services is seeking an energetic, deadline oriented individual to support the
grant writing efforts of the agency. Under the direction of the grants manager,
the grants writer will maintain and increase the organization's funding from a
variety of external sources. S/he will research, write and submit public and
private funding applications. This position will work closely with the grants
manager, the executive team, and the programmatic associate vice presidents and
program directors to identify potential funding sources, conceptualize and
develop new program initiatives and proposals, and ensure maintenance and
renewal of existing funding sources. The candidate should have a proven track
record in producing successful grant proposals for public and/or private
funding sources, excellent writing and communication skills, and the ability to
work in an innovative, collaborative, fast-paced work environment.
Location: Voorhees, NJ
- Assists with the full range of activities required to
prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to drive, maintain and
increase the organizations funding from a variety of external sources
including public funding sources, foundations, and corporate supporters.
- Follow departmental processes and procedures for job
responsibilities as outlined in the department's training manual
- Identifies, researches, cultivates, solicits,
recognizes, and stewards grant funders.
- Conducts regular research on various public funding opportunities
and RFPs, performs prospect research on foundations and corporations to
assess and evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Drafts and edits letters of intent, grant proposals,
on-line grant submissions, reports, and necessary supporting documents for
complex proposals to prospective and current funders.
- Attend funder bidders and technical assistance meetings
- Thoroughly read and edit, as needed, public and private
funding proposals which have been vetted for submission
- Develops case-by-case strategies based on the giving
interests of each prospect.
- Maintains current records in database and in paper
- Complies with all grant-related deadlines as required
by funder for proposals, budgets and other submissions, including reports.
- Works closely with programmatic supervisory hierarchy
to identify potential funding sources, conceptualizes and develops new
program initiatives and draft proposals; as well as to develop new
programs, measurement tools, and accompanying logic models and other
supporting documents as required by potential funders.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets for grant
proposals and budget reports for funders
- Works closely with programs and Finance department to
gather information needed for proposals and reports.
- Assists with the development of new project ideas.
- Works with external partners to co-develop project
- Assists with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Participate in proposal reviews and scores feedback as
needed when proposals are not funded
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Minimum of 3 years of grant writing experience
with a varied programmatic and topical focus;
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Center For
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated familiarity with the government and/or
- Knowledge and familiarity with grants research;
- Experience in securing government and/or non-government
funding and fee-for-service contracts;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a diverse work
- High comfort level with multi-tasking and managing
multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to conceptualize and describe needs in
accessible and compelling ways;
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to
- Demonstrated ability to meet pre-established production
- Strong personal responsibility; takes ownership for
- Ability to work independently and as a team player ;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- Ability to provide/receive constructive feedback;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Familiarity with
Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge a Plus
- Current driver's license & good driving record of 3
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
All positions require
pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Center For Family
Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and
excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website