Center For Family Services is seeking a dynamic and forward
thinking individual to join our Human Resources Team as our Statewide Diversity Consultant. This role will support the Sr. VP of HR with
aligning programs, and driving positive change across our workplace, workforce,
marketplace, and the communities in which we live, work and serve.
Location: Voorhees, New Jersey
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Diversity Consultant will work
with behavioral health agencies across the State to assist them in developing
plans to embrace diversity.
- To create training and technical
assistance sessions to help agencies and individuals understand the importance
of cultural competence within the workplace.
- To review and evaluate cultural competence
- To act as the statewide consultant
to assist agencies and professionals with their initiatives on diversity and
- To provide updates and data to
stakeholders in New Jersey ensure our company's culture and business practices,
such as the hiring process and overall strategy, are fair and inclusive.
- To provide oversight to staff in the
cultural competence programming
work with various program managers to plan and execute a comprehensive
inclusion and diversity strategy, with focus on infusing inclusion in our
external and internal presence, ensuring that the company's presence
demonstrates our inclusion and diversity values.
- Will rise awareness among personnel
through webinars or workshops trainings.
recognize, create, and implement plans to facilitate inclusion, diversity, and
community awareness within internal and external organizations
- Assist company leadership with
incorporating diversity into all aspects of operation and associated marketing
- Develop and execute diversity
strategies to help meet company goals, evaluating and reporting on a company's
- The diversity
consultant will quantitatively and qualitatively analyze cultural competency
data and recommend changes for DMHAS' review, reporting, and future
- Chair the MSAC (Multicultural Services Advisory
- Engage with Senior Level personnel to support
and encourage cc plan development
- Research subject matter training needed for various
regions in the State
- Provide trainings on relative subjects requested
by provider agencies
- Provide guidance and support to the
- Network with CC and Diversity professionals to
- Review Provider Agency CC plans for relevance
with regards to service delivery
- Assist in developing cultural competence
planning sessions and workshops
- To research assessment tools to measure cultural
- Meet quarterly (and as requested) with DMHAS
Program Manager to review program deliverables.
- Prepare quarterly reports for DMHAS Program
Required Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in DEI, human
resources, communications preferred.
Bachelor's degree with 5 years' experience accepted.
- Relevant work experience in business
management or human resources required.
- Excellent communication skills,
effective analytical abilities, strong leadership skills, and cultural acumen
- Heavy focus on interpersonal
- Effective analytical abilities in
order to evaluate our company's culture and business practices and identify
areas for improvement.
- A strong sense of global and
cultural awareness given the focus of their work.
- Demonstrate awareness of
inclusion and diversity issues - ability to identify external trends in
diversity and inclusion, recognizing best practices for competitive
- Ability to communicate well
with all levels of staff, up to and including executive leadership
- Ability to work independently
and to collaborate with a team; strong organizational and project
management abilities with strong attention to detail
- Experience in building
community partnerships and managing community and philanthropy efforts
- Excellent driving skills and current driver's license with a driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.