Center For Family Services is seeking a dynamic, self starter to fill our Volunteer Community Partnership Coordinator Position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: East Orange, New Jersey
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treats colleagues and family members as individuals with respect and dignity.
- Completes documentation and other reporting requirements.
- Attends all required staff meetings, Program and Center For Family Services activities.
- Reviews progress in professional development and growth objectives periodically with Supervisor.
- Discusses family and staff issues, when necessary, only with designated appropriate staff.
- Reports any suspected child / elder abuse and neglect per New Jersey's guidelines
- Conducts self as a role model in interactions with staff, colleagues and funding sources in accordance with Center For Family Services' Code of Ethics.
- Supervise and manage Volunteers to ensure quality services and events at Family Success Center.
- Market Family Success Program and Volunteer opportunities throughout the southern region.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with Volunteers to plan and address potential problems
- Develop public relations materials with support from stakeholders in coordination with Center For Family Services Public Relations Department.
- Interview potential Volunteers, complete reference checks on Volunteers and maintain their files.
- Collect statistics on surveys of satisfactions for participants and Volunteers for outcomes and presentations and complete reports for required funding resources.
- Responsible for gathering, understanding and sharing community resources and Volunteers development by integrating him/herself into the immediate community and building mutually beneficial relationships with parents, faith communities, business, advocates and key stakeholders..
- Participates in and may conduct professional seminars, conferences, workshops, etc. or in-service training programs.
- Interprets Family Success Center to community groups or organizations, and represents the agency in selected activities related to its goals. Performs public speaking and other public relations when requested.
- Identifies the strengths, challenges and services gaps in the community in collaboration with community partners and parent leaders.
- Incorporates and implements the Principles of Family Support, Strengthening Families Logic Model, and the Protective Factors into all aspects of their work.
- Demonstrates positive family engagement skills.
Experience and Requirements:
- Associates Degree and experience recruiting and training volunteers
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred in related filed or extensive experience
- Experience recruiting and training volunteers
- Maintains First A and CPR certifications, as required by funder and licensing agent for specific programs pertinent to this position
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License in the state of his/her residence if job is classified as Occasional or Essential driving
- Must have and maintain automobile insurance if driving a personal vehicle
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral direction.
- Ability to complete documents such as attendance sheets and incident reports
- Ability to complete progress notes according to the program's requirements and maintain case files
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion.
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.