An exciting career is waiting for you within the Human Resources Department at Center For Family Services. You can be part of a family-oriented, community-centric, diverse and inclusive company culture at Center For Family Services. Recognized as a top workplace, Center For Family Services is a trusted leader in nonprofit social services. Center For Family Services is a place where you can be part of a dynamic team working together to change lives. A career at Center For Family Services offers you the opportunity for training and professional growth. Be part of a team with strong commitment to equity and social justice. Safe work environment (hybrid where possible, PPE and vaccine incentives.
**Sign on Bonus:
Take advantage of our sign-on bonus. When you apply and get hired, you are eligible for a $500.00 sign on bonus.
Location: Voorhees, NJ
Status: Full Time
Under the direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), the Director of Human Resources is responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the Human Resources Department, various Human Resources projects and programs that are fair and equitable, legally compliant and support the culture and values of the Center For Family Services agency.
- Manages and executes all required federal reporting (i.e., EEO-1, etc.)
- Provides leadership and consulting support to management on employee related matters, i.e. Corrective action, performance, complaints, etc.
- Works closely with Talent and Development to design and deliver training that supports the organizations Human Resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Manages the employee's policy and procedural manual, employee handbook, and ensures compliance for all levels within the agency.
- Administers and manages the administration of Human Resource programming including, but not limited to: employee leaves, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, performance, productivity, recognition and morale as well as workers compensation, occupational health and safety and training.
- Oversees benefits administration and agency pension products.
- Maintains working knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in Human Resources and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice and resources to upper management.
- Designs and implements internal standards for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of HR Operations.
- Identify ways to strengthen retention and employee performance by working with management and the Director of Recruitment.
- Recommends and participates in the development of team member recognition programs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of Human Resource department supervision experience
- Extensive experience in handling complex employee relations matters
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
At Center For Family Services our employees are our greatest resource and we are committed to investing in our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package as well as ongoing resources that will support staff on their personal and professional journey.
- Excellent paid time off (PTO) program, including vacation, sick, personal, and holiday
- 401k Plan
- Medical insurance plan options
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness Activities
- Ongoing Training & Professional Development Opportunities
- Opportunity for advancement
Disclaimer: All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.