Center for Family Services is seeking an experienced and dedicated Social Support Coach for our PowerCorps Camden Program. The Social Supports Coach will help participants identify social barriers and develop an individualized plan to address such issues. The Social Supports Coach will provide case management services through one-on-one meetings, referrals, and follow-up to ensure that participants receive the necessary support services to achieve program completion.
The Social Supports Coach will deliver career readiness skills training through individual counseling sessions and group facilitation workshops; as well as connect participants to local community organizations and social service providers. This position works closely with internal and external partners, and will serve approximately 60 participants.
Location: Camden, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assessment/Eligibility of participants per program.
- Meets with participants weekly to develop a personalized social support plan within the program and during follow-up stages
- Reviews changes to social supports/employment/academic situations and advises of changes to developed plans
- Completes all statistical and other reports required for successful administrative purposes and records case materials promptly and properly
- Advocates for participants looking to apply for and improve their social supports
- Monitors and records participants information in data system
- Assists Program Coordinator with program schedule and assessments
- Builds life skills curriculum and schedule
- Helps participants apply for social benefits and programs that they may be eligible for
- Works jointly with the Program Coordinator and other staff to provide individual counseling, workshops and lesson plans
- Facilitates classes and workshops on topics such as financial literacy, teamwork, conflict resolution, etc.
- Works closely with internal CFS staff and partners to provide seamless services to members
- Recommends educational materials or resources to students that create a college/career culture
- Performs follow-up services to assist participants
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Social Work or Counseling, or related field, commensurate experience in relevant field may be acceptable in lieu of degree.
- 1 - 2 years of experience working with re-entry population preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of experience working with the program population, with workforce development/job placement experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate proficient in using Microsoft Office applications or online database tracking systems.
- Must have the ability to efficiently manage a large participant caseload (Active and Follow-up) in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to maintain a leadership role with the participants to motivate and influence positive behaviors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and or experience with classroom management techniques.
- Current drivers license and a good driving record of 3 years.
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration.
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center for Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.
All interested applicants should email a cover letter, indicating desired position and salary requirements, along with resume.