***500 Sign on Bonus*** Center for Family Services is offering all new hires a $500 bonus! The bonus will be paid in two installments. The signing bonus is taxable, and all regular payroll taxes will be withheld.
Center For Family Services is looking for a responsible and organized individual to fill the Domestic Violence Court Advocate position within the Services Empowering Rights of Victims (SERV) program. SERV provides crisis intervention, counseling, and support to survivors of sexual violence, domestic violence, and human trafficking. The program provides personalized care to help people follow a path to healing. The Domestic Violence Court Advocate is responsible for the case
management of victim/survivor services as well as educating, psycho-educational
support counseling and advocating for victims/survivors of domestic violence.
Domestic Violence Court Advocates report directly to the Outreach Supervisor.
Location: Cumberland County, NJ
- Provide individual
specialized support counseling and advocacy to victims/survivors of
domestic violence at court including safety planning, community
resources, follow up and connecting individuals to needed services.
- Provide support to family members and
- Accompany victims/survivors through procedures
at area hospitals, police departments, prosecutor's office, and court
- Provide victim/survivor case-related medical
and legal options, provide appropriate referrals for victims/survivors and
- Present educational and outreach programs in
schools, community centers, church groups, etc., and Sensitivity Training
programs to personnel at hospitals, police departments, courts and social
agencies in the community.
Maintain effective working relationships with all court personnel.
- Maintain victim/survivor case files including
state agency paperwork requirement
- Collect and maintain statistics as required by
- Met grant requirements and complete required
- Provide hotline coverage and duty days
- Carry out other tasks as deemed necessary by
supervisor to ensure success of the SERV program
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in
Social Sciences, Psychology, Criminal Justice or Human Services is
may substitute for education on a year to year basis.
- Bilingual Spanish and English
- Must successfully complete the 60-Hour New Jersey State
Confidential Sexual Violence Advocacy and Domestic Violence and Human
Trafficking training provided by Services Empowering Rights of Victims
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and
public speaking is required
- Experience working with people, especially on a
one-to-one basis, and demonstrate sensitivity toward the needs of
- Current driver's license with a
good driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and
criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations
and medical clearances. Center for Family Services is an equal opportunity
employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For
more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.