Center For Family Services is seeking an energetic, outgoing, and compassionate person to fill the Direct Care Paraprofessional position in the Rainbow Children's Partial Care Program. The Children's Partial Care Program provides structured and intensive group treatment to enable youth who are at risk of psychiatric hospitalization to remain in their homes. This program, for children aged 6-17, uses evidence based curriculum to encourage youth experiencing emotional and behavioral challenges to make positive changes that will promote their healing and recovery. The Direct Care Paraprofessional is a crucial member of the program. Required schedule is Mon- Fri 4pm -8pm. We have 2 Part Time Positions available.
Location: Absecon, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct service to children ages 6-17 years old in a partial care program
- Provide case management to the children and their families
- Provide linkages to local resources and services, preparing daily therapeutic activities
- Client record keeping (case notes, treatment plans and assessments)
- Redirecting the children and aiding in program activities
- Facilitate groups
- Aide on program vans (picking up or dropping off the children to and from the program)
- Assist with snack and meal distribution
- Accompanying children to the restroom
- An earned bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or earned associates degree and two years experience in the provision of appropriate services to youth; OR a high school diploma and five years experience in the provision of appropriate services to youth
- Sensitivity and ability to work with children and sensitivity in functioning in a multi?cultural work setting
- Dependability and ability to work well with others and the ability to communicate clearly and consistently
- Successful experience working with individuals, groups and families in a direct service situation
- Basic interviewing, assessment and casework management skills
- Initiative and creativity and sensitivity and understanding in human relations
- Current driver's license & driving record of 3 years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, indicating desired position and salary requirements, along with resume.