Center for Family Services is seeking a full time College Success Coach who will work directly with middle and high school students as a mentor-advisor-counselor to support them in gaining access to college. While serving students inside and outside of the classroom, the coach will guide students through college acceptance, identifying scholarships, college financing options, and preparing them for college attendance.
Location: Camden, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with families to develop a transition plan for 8th grade participants to ensure that their children successfully transition between middle to high school.
- Collaborates with school administrators and teachers to build a college-going culture in both middle school and high school.
- Meets regularly one-on-one with CPN middle and high school students to support college preparedness, including graduation and achievement of college access milestones. This includes quarterly grade conferences to review grades and attendance.
- Connects students and families to supportive resources via the CPN School-Based Social Solutions team as needed.
- Develops post-secondary plans with each student on their caseload.
- Communicates with students regularly about their post-secondary plans.
- Recruits students to participate in college preparatory events including college visits, financial aid nights, Camden College Access Network events, etc.
- Identifies and supports students in completing scholarship opportunities.
- Assists students in completing their admissions and financial aid forms for colleges.
- Attends college open houses/parent conferences/parent events that support students.
- Be present at school-wide activities, especially those that promote college.
- Maintains internal data collection system, files and tracks documentation. This includes, but is not limited to, participant records, attendance, benchmarks and more.
- Submits all required reports and supporting materials in a timely manner. This includes documentation of quarterly grade reports, annual transcripts and college access milestones from students.
- Maintains a professional attitude, confidentiality, and respect for cultural differences.
- Establishes strong, productive, and trusting relationships with school site staff and administrators and CFS/CPN staff to ensure aligned goals and quality programs.
- Effectively communicates program goals, logistics, requirements, and needs with all stakeholders: CPN staff, school site staff and administrators, partners, parents, and students.
- Bachelor's degree in education, liberal studies or related area.
- High energy, and enthusiastic with a strong belief that young people can succeed.
- Familiarity with college admissions process. Experience supporting students in achieving college access milestones.
- Experience in youth development, teaching, facilitating groups and/or coordinating field trips.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
- Self-starter, organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to multitask, meet strict deadlines, and work under time pressure.
- Access to reliable transportation. If applicable, will be required to present proof of acceptable driving record, current driver's license, and proof of liability insurance.
- Must pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment with children
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, indicating desired position and salary requirements, along with resume.