Center for Family Services is seeking an experienced professional to fill our Parenting Education Group Facilitator. The purpose of the TAFCAR program is to prevent the abuse and neglect of children and to help families gain stability. TAFCAR provides in-home intensive education, counseling, case management, and support services in Camden and Gloucester Counties. Our staff works closely with the Department of Children and Families, Division of Child Protection and Permanency to support positive family relationships. Parents are taught how to communicate with their children, how to solve problems, and how to manage their children's behaviors. By focusing on family strengths, TAFCAR helps families develop a stronger sense of family unity.
Location: Camden, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has a vast understanding of both general and specific parenting education skills and group facilitation skills
- Ability to develop and communicate parenting goals with parents in the program in order to reach the goals/objectives of the service plans
- Provides intake and discharge assessments for groups, conducts parenting skills education and support groups, counseling, and other direct service activity.
- May coordinate program activities with appropriate liaison agencies to ensure constructive collaboration.
- May develop and promote relationships with other social agencies and represents the program and agency in the community.
- Completes required documentation required by program in a timely manner, including any reporting to external organizations, such as DCP&P.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and produces for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental health functions, and counseling and guidance.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy.
- Bachelors Degree required/ MSW or related field preferred
- At least three years of experience working with at-risk families, parenting education skills, and group facilitation
- Previous Case Management experience a plus
- Current driver's license with a good driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.
All interested applicants should email a cover letter, indicating desired position and salary requirements, along with resume.