Family Intervention Services a Division of Center For Family Service is seeking a Crisis Intervention Specialist who is energetic, creative, flexible, and ready to join a fast pace environment for it's Mobile Response and Stabilization Services Program .The Crisis Intervention Specialist provides crisis management and de-escalation services to youth and families in Passaic County.
Location: Passaic County
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a caseload as per program requirements.
- Collaboratively develop individual and family service
plans and goals which are behaviorally specific with the family.
- Provide 24/7 emergency crisis response phone/in
person to agency clients on a rotation basis.
- respond to
crisis call within 1 hour
and Provide crisis intervention
- Provide case management services by coordinating
services to meet the needs of the family.
- Attend school meetings and court hearings as needed.
- Assist team leads in training as needed both in field
and in the office
- Develop a transition plan with families to assist
with termination and ensure linkage to ongoing support.
- Attend and participate in individual and team
supervision as well as any required meetings as determined by the program
- Coordinate and/or participate in collateral meetings.
- Maintain timely and relevant communication with all
involved parties weekly.
- Document all contact within 24 hours.
- Maintain ethical and legal compliance.
- Complete all required trainings through FIS and CSOC
- Maintain yearly CAT certification
Job Requirements (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., social
work, counseling, psychology, psychiatric nursing, criminal justice,
- A minimum of one year experience working with
children and families.
- Must be energetic, creative, and able to work as part
of a community resource team, and be culturally competent and responsive.
- Must have a car, valid driver's license and pass a
criminal background check
- Current driver's license with a driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances.
Center for Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.