Family Intervention Services a Division of Center For Family Services is seeking a dynamic and responsible team member for it's Passaic Mobile Response and
Stabilization Services as a Crisis Intervention Specialist. This Ideal candidate should be energetic, creative, flexible to join a fast pace environment. The
Crisis Intervention Specialist provides crisis management and de-escalation
services to youth and families in Passaic County.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a caseload as per program requirements.
- Collaboratively develop individual and family service
plans and goals which are behaviorally specific with the family.
- Provide 24/7 emergency crisis response phone/in
person to agency clients on a rotation basis.
- respond to
crisis call within 1 hour and Provide crisis intervention
- Provide case management services by coordinating
services to meet the needs of the family.
- Attend school meetings and court hearings as needed.
- Assist team leads in training as needed both in field
and in the office
- Develop a transition plan with families to assist
with termination and ensure linkage to ongoing support.
- Attend and participate in individual and team
supervision as well as any required meetings as determined by the program
- Coordinate and/or participate in collateral meetings.
- Maintain timely and relevant communication with all
involved parties weekly.
- Document all contact within 24 hours.
- Maintain ethical and legal compliance.
- Complete all required trainings through FIS and CSOC
- Maintain yearly CAT certification
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., social
work, counseling, psychology, psychiatric nursing, criminal justice,
special education) and a minimum of one year of experience working with children
- Must be energetic, creative, and able to work as part
of a community resource team, and be culturally competent and responsive.
- Must have a car, valid driver's license and pass a
criminal background check
- Current driver's license with an good driving record of at least three years
- Must be able to work overnight shifts
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration