Center for Family Services is seeking an experienced Bus Aide for our Head Start Program. The Head Start Bus Aide works in collaboration with the Bus Driver to supervise children on their bus route and to ensure the safety of the children while they ride, board, and exit the vehicle. The Bus Aide is also responsible for assisting the driver during emergencies. This position may be required to help in other Aide responsibilities including kitchen and classroom duties.
Location: Burlington, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety and well-being of children while going to and from school. Notifies Bus Driver
of any safety issues or concerns.
- Addresses any safety or behavioral concerns of the children during transportation.
- Lead children in activities while on the bus such as songs, finger games, stories, etc. as learning
- Collaborates with Bus Driver and Transportation Supervisor in teaching correct safety
procedures for boarding and exiting the bus and the safety zones around the bus.
- Ensures that each child is correctly and comfortably restrained per agencies procedures.
- Maintains good communication with classroom staff regarding the children and families on their
- Reports any issues or concerns about families to appropriate Head Start staff.
- Has knowledge of each bus route including the location of each stop and ensures the correct
children enter and exit the bus to the care of an authorized parent/guardian.
- Familiar with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Assists in the bus evacuation drill on a bi monthly basis, or as assigned.
- Assists the Bus Driver with pre and post trip vehicle checks and is responsible for the safety
checklist of the interior of the bus including maintenance of fire safety supplies and seat belts.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Maintain First Aid and CPR certifications
- Must pass CFS criminal background checks and CARI
- Must pass TB test, drug screening and physical examination with good hearing and vision exam
- Excellent driving record and current driver's license with a driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.