Center for Family Services is seeking a BP4C Facilitator. The CFS Batterers Invention Program Facilitator is responsible to Co-facilitates ongoing psycho-educational groups for offenders of domestic violence. The Facilitator reports directly to the Clinical Supervisor.
Location: Various Counties, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Administrative Assistance with schedule for client intake appointments and assist with file
- Conducts program intakes, case consultations, group and individual session.
- Co-facilitates court mandated or DCPP mandated classes for a period of 26 sessions in a six month period.
- Works with the approved group facilitator to ensure all lesson plans adhere to the program curriculum and
remain in accordance with the requirements.
- Ensures that the group tone, content and therapeutic methods reflect the principle of holding batterers
accountable through exploration of the roots and intent of their behavior.
- Documents progress/process notes for each participant.
- Maintains partner/victim phone contact information to ensure partner safety.
- Reports any treatment non-compliance to supervisor.
- Complies with all statutes and regulations concerning mandated reporting, i.e. reports of abuse and neglect; duty
- Completes all paperwork as required in a timely and professional manner
- Provide appropriate referrals for clients
- Maintain client case files including state agency paperwork requirements
- Maintain client statistics
- Attend regular supervision with supervisor and staff meetings as assigned.
- Assist in any other duties pertinent to the operation of the program
- Participates in both external and internal trainings as assigned.
- Master's Degree in psychology, sociology or related field preferred.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Must complete the required 40-hour domestic violence training.
- Prior experience facilitating psycho educational groups preferred.
- Must possess strong group management skills and have extensive knowledge of family systems, dynamics of domestic violence, substance abuse, anger management, child abuse, co-custody parenting, child development and the cycle of violence.
- Must possess strong crisis intervention skills and have firm knowledge of reporting laws.
- Must be able to work effectively with individuals from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds. Must be able to work independently and maintain flexibility.
- Experience with private and/or public social service agencies desirable.
- Must be available to work evenings.
- Requires criminal clearance, proof of a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, automobile insurance and
maintenance of an acceptable driving record as required by our insurer. Must be violence-free in own lifestyle.
- Computer literacy and skill in the use of computers and related software applications.
- Facilitators must maintain 16 continuing education credits annually and all other necessary training and education requirements
in order to facilitate batterer's intervention groups.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish preferred.
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.
All interested applicants should email a cover letter, indicating desired position and salary requirements, along with resume.