Center for Family Services' Head Start Program is seeking an experienced, professional Teacher to work in their School District Partnership classroom. Under the direct supervision of the Site Supervisor, the teacher will be responsible for overseeing and providing developmentally appropriate activities and instructions to Head Start students. The teacher will maintain the classroom environment, supervise staff, students and classroom volunteers and seek to involve families in the education process. The teacher primary responsibility will focus on implementing a comprehensive, early childhood development classroom as required by the Head Start Performance Standard in collaboration with the School District.
***$500.00 Sign on Bonus *** The bonus will be paid in two installments. The signing bonus is taxable, and all regular payroll taxes will be withheld. In the event you leave the Center for Family Services within 4 months of your date of hire, you will be responsible for reimbursing the Center for Family Services for the entire signing bonus.
Location: Camden County, New Jersey
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Teacher will treat colleagues and students as individuals with respect and dignity. The Teacher will
promote and provide culturally competent client care and staff interactions that respond respectfully to the
strength and skills of diverse ethnicities, cultures, and other diversity-related factors.
The District Collaboration Teacher will:
- Plan and provide learning opportunities to students which support children's development and learning in all areas
- Follow Head Start Performance Standards and state early standards
- Communicate with Head Start families on a regular basis via home visits, parent conferences, including but not limited to written materials
- Observe and evaluate children's performance and development
- Maintain required individual children's records to include developmental screenings and on-going assessments
- Maintain required classroom written reports and records
- Participate in weekly curriculum planning and developing lesson plans
- Maintain positive working relationship with colleagues, families, and students that will promote effective communication and collaboration
- Participate in required staff meetings, workshops, parent meetings, and staff professional development with Head Start and/or the School District
- Maintain knowledge in the current trend of early childhood education
- Prepare and submit purchase order requisitions
- Other duties, as assigned, to ensure program quality and effectiveness.
Job Requirements (Qualifications):
- BA or higher in Early Childhood Education and hold a NJDOE Certificate of Eligibility for P-3.
- 2 years of supervisory experience working in a classroom setting
- Very strong knowledge of early childhood development, ability to implement curriculum teaching strategies and assessment methods that supports the Head Start Early Learning Framework and state early standards, strong organization skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work cooperatively in a team, the ability to implement Head Start Performance Standards, and have proficient computer skills
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Center for Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.